- Chemical segments and Site Services to be managed by separate legal entities
- Management of future entities named
- The new companies will become contractual partners for customers on July 1, 2015
Essen. As part of the realization of the new Group structure, Evonik has now named the management boards of its future legal entities, Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH, Evonik Resource Efficiency GmbH, Evonik Performance Materials GmbH and Evonik Technology & Infrastructure GmbH (see press release dated October 30, 2014, www.evonik.com/press-releases).
The new companies will start operating on July 1, 2015. The management boards will assume their duties effective January 1, 2015 to prepare for this.
The new organizational structure involves the following changes:
- The Consumer, Health & Nutrition segment will be renamed Nutrition & Care and will be managed by Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH. The Consumer Specialties and Health & Nutrition Business Units will be combined into this segment.
Board of Management: Dr. Reiner Beste (Chairman), Dr. Hans-Josef Ritzert, Michael Gattermann, Markus Schäfer
- The Resource Efficiency segment will be managed by Evonik Resource Efficiency GmbH. The Inorganic Materials and Coatings & Additives Business Units will be combined into this segment.
Board of Management: Dr. Claus Rettig (Chairman), Dr. Johannes Ohmer, Simone Hildmann, N.N.
- The Specialty Materials segment will be renamed Performance Materials and will be managed by Evonik Performance Materials GmbH. The Performance Polymers and Advanced Intermediates Business Units will be combined into this segment.
Board of Management: Johann-Caspar Gammelin (Chairman), Dr. Michael Pack, Rainer Wobbe, Magdalena Wagner
- Site Services and Process Technology & Engineering will be combined in Evonik Technology & Infrastructure GmbH.
Board of Management: Gregor Hetzke (Chairman), Dr. Clemens Herberg, Stefan Behrens
Evonik expects that the new management model will provide a far better structural basis for profitable growth of the various business operations.
Evonik, the creative industrial group from Germany, is one of the world leaders
in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Its activities focus on the key megatrends health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik benefits specifically from its innovative prowess and integrated technology platforms.
Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2013 more than 33,500 employees generated sales of around €12.7 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.0 billion.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.