Formulations at your fingertips!
Ultra-Sun Body Butter
Reach for the beach towel with this elegant body butter the provides excellent feel along with functional benefits of SPF 50 and water resistance. Utilizes advanced polymer technology and natural-based emulsifiers and emollients to achieve a stable, high SPF performing body butter that presents excellent sensory properties.
|TEGO® Care 450 MB |
(Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate )
|TEGO® SP 13 Sun Up |
(Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate)
|ABIL® Wax 9801 |
(Cetyl Dimethicone )
(CI 77947); Triethoxycaprylylsilane)
|TEGOSOFT® XC MB |
(Phenoxyethyl Caprylate )
|TEGOSOFT® DEC |
(Diethylhexyl Carbonate )
|TEGOSOFT® AC MB |
(Isoamyl Cocoate )
(Titanium Dioxide; Silica; Cetyl Phosphate)
|dermofeel® PA-3 |
(Sodium Phytate; Aqua; Alcohol)
(10 % in water)
(Methylpropanediol; Caprylyl Glycol; Phenylpropanol)
1. Heat phase A except for the zinc oxide to 80 °C and mix well.
2. Add zinc oxide to a separate vessel with a cage blade and add phase A while slowly mixing the zinc oxide. Mix for at least 1 hour. Then homogenize for 2 minutes to ensure pigment is wetted out.
3. Add titanium dioxide to a steel beaker, add cold water slowly while mixing. Mix for 1 hour. Then homogenize for 2 minutes to ensure pigment is completely wetted out.
4. Prepare phase B separately. Adjust pH to 7.
5. Combine phases A and B and heat to 80 °C.
6. Add A to phase B while stirring.
7. Cool to below 30 °C and add phases C and D. Mix well.
Viscosity: Not measurable
pH: 7.0 - 7.5
Antimicrobial effectiveness testing: TBD
SPF: 50, CW 377 nm
(Calculated values, BASF Sunscreen Simulator)
White opaque cream
7.0 - 7.5