- Portfolio transformation to sustainable solutions
- New Service Solutions unit for personal care industry
- Speed of innovation through new launches
Evonik, the preferred sustainable specialties partner for the personal care industry, is showcasing its latest innovations at the leading cosmetic tradeshow in-cosmetics Global in Barcelona, 28-30 March. Show highlights span the company’s powerful technology platforms with a focus on biotechnology and emphasize the use of renewable resources and sustainable processes.
As a provider of new active ingredient platforms and products, Evonik will present its extensive portfolio of existing and new ingredients designed for a wide range of applications in skin and hair care. Another innovation highlight is the company’s sustainable biosurfactants for personal care applications. Further noteworthy solutions include fermentation-based beauty and new developments in oxidation protection. The new Service Solutions unit that was launched last year and provides small and medium-sized companies with holistic support to realize their innovative personal care products, will also be featured at the show.
“When we innovate, we always put the customer at the center. Our customers are demanding more sustainable, high-performing solutions, and we are delighted to present these during this year’s in-cosmetics Global,” said Yann d'Hervé, head of Evonik's Care Solutions business line.
Guided by a Vision that puts sustainability, innovation and collaboration at its core, the Care Solutions business plays a critical role in the continued portfolio shift of Evonik’s life sciences division, Nutrition & Care, to System Solutions. These are multi-component offerings across products, technologies and services that are tailored to a unique customer need and often have proven sustainability benefits. The Nutrition & Care division aims to increase its share of System Solutions from 20 percent today to more than 50 percent by 2030.
Evonik’s key innovation highlights at in-cosmetics Global include:
- Going beyond with ceramide solutions. SKINMIMICS® PRO MB is a new system for healthy aging, a synergistic and complex combination of different ceramides developed to fulfil global needs. A ceramide that is completely new to the market is SPHINOX® Immulance. This protects the skin by balancing the skin’s immune barrier.
- A new synergistic blend with CBD, TEGO® CBD Revitalize is scientifically crafted for refreshed and youthful skin appearance.
- A new product family produced by sustainable fermentation processes. BeautiFerm addresses key consumer needs for efficacy, naturalness and safety, benefiting the skin microbiome and beyond.
- Biosurfactants for personal care RHEANCE® and newly launched SOPHANCE® LA-A demonstrate Evonik’s differentiating sustainable biosurfactant technologies that show outstanding performance and multifunctionality.
- Recently launched sustainable film former TEGO® FILMSTAR One MB. This naturally sourced, biodegradable film former supports various cosmetic formulations that require water resistance and UV protection.
- The recently launched addition to Evonik’s esterquat portfolio, VARISOFT EQ 90 biodegradable esterquat offers formulators of hair conditioning products a cost-efficient, eco-friendly conditioning agent.
- A unique, innovative method for testing oxidative stability in cosmetics. By targeting the optimization of antioxidant systems in formulations they become more sustainable and efficient.
- Evonik’s Ecohance® Program – the company’s first sustainable product range to enhance the use of next-generation alternative feedstocks.
The Care Solutions business – part of the Nutrition & Care division - is a specialist in concepts for skin care, sun care, color cosmetics, hair care, skin cleansing, active ingredients, alternative preservation and product stabilization. Evonik’s Nutrition & Care division is home to the company’s biotechnology excellence center and uses fermentation technologies across a range of other high growth markets including sustainable animal nutrition, medical devices, advanced food ingredients and pharmaceutical drug products.
Meet us at in-cosmetics Global booth V30.
Be sure not to miss our upcoming technical seminars
Wednesday 29 March
Taking out the guesswork: oxidation stability in cosmetic formulations
2:20-2:50 p.m., Theatre 3, speaker: Alexander Thiemann
Thursday 30 March
Building an entourage for targeted benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) on skin
10:50-11:20 a.m., Theatre 1, speaker: Francisco Gonzalez
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €18.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.49 billion in 2022. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable, and sustainable solutions for customers. About 34,000 employees work together for a common purpose: We want to improve life today and tomorrow.
About Nutrition & Care
The focus of the business of the Nutrition & Care division is on health and quality of life. It develops differentiated solutions for active pharmaceutical ingredients, medical devices, nutrition for humans and animals, personal care, cosmetics, and household cleaning. In these resilient end markets, the division generated sales of €4.24 billion in 2022 with about 5,700 employees.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.