Deep beauty inspirations
Formulation solutions for the deep beauty skintellectual
Deep Beauty consumers are seeking fundamental solutions for skin health that are grounded in science and observable improvement but still holistically balance their wellness needs.
- A new generation of skintellectuals is demanding holistic solutions that balance wellness with science to reach fundamental skin health improvement
- The Challenge: To leverage ingredient technology grounded in science and with natural aspects that is understandable to consumers
- Evonik’s Solution: Utilize Delivery System technologies as a performance booster that consumers can understand, and which provides demonstrable benefits
- Product highlights: ROVISOME® F.E.C, ROVISOME® HA NG, ROVISOME® Q10 NG, ROVISOME® Retinol Moist, UniTone®
Deep Beauty consumers believe in wellness and ascribe to ‘health as the new wealth’ but are pragmatic in balancing science and observable results with aspirational aspects of products. They are generally younger (aged under 35) but represent a large addressable market of 42 million consumers in the US alone. As self-ascribed ‘skintellectuals’, Deep Beauty consumers are digitally savvy and confident in their ability to learn and evaluate product benefits through what they hear from bloggers or read through their own research. This makes them more demanding, but at the same time helps to balance their expectations, orienting them to a longer-term view of skin health appearance improvement. Their long-term view makes these consumers conscious about what they are buying, both ecologically and holistically. The rapid growth of the dermacosmetics category is in part a response to this search for more fundamental, science-based solutions. Dermacosmetics is forecast to grow 6.5% through 2024.
Delivery technologies offer an effective way to enhance cosmetic formulation performance though an approach that is understandable, intuitive for these consumers. These technologies use vesicles of various forms to protect cosmetic active ingredients in a formulation and to enhance their delivery upon use to the skin. They enhance performance by:
- protecting the chemical stability of a cosmetic active ingredient, thereby enabling more activity by the active upon use
- enhancing bioavailability of a cosmetic active to the skin, and
- with some technologies, improving the targeting of an active ingredient in the skin
As such, delivery systems can provide a powerful storytelling element that is grounded in science. Through use of an enabling technology like delivery systems, consumers can still enjoy the benefits of their favorite active ingredient, but they can be more confident that the active will perform to its upmost potential.
To help formulators address the Deep Beauty consumer with science-based solutions, Evonik has developed a new collection of five inspirational formulations that showcase how formulators can leverage the power of delivery system technologies. This collection includes:
- Deep revitalizing under-eye mask helps revitalize your stressed skin by improving skin moisture and under eye appearance with ROVISOME® F.E.C
- Deep hydrating facial cream helps you stay hydrated from deep inside by moisturizing the deep layers of the skin with ROVISOME® HA NG
- Deep soothing facial cream calms skin through supporting the skin’s natural defense system through its enhanced antioxidant and radical scavenger activity, with ROVISOME® Q10 NG
- Deep restoring overnight serum helps you stay youthful and joyful by improving the appearance of wrinkled skin with efficiently engineered retinol contained in ROVISOME® Retinol Moist
- Deep perfecting spot serum will help you observe remarkable change in the brightness of your skin by refining and vitalizing discolored spots with UniTone®