Power your beauty innovation
New Active ingredients
At Evonik, we never cease to work on innovative active ingredients that will make your brand stand out. Our newest launches will raise your products and storytelling to the next level. Explore our new active ingredients of 2023 below!
Our new active ingredients on intoBeauty®
Training the skin to defend itself
SPHINOX® Immulance is an innovative and unique Ceramide based on uneven fatty acids that are known for their various health benefits as food supplements. In combination with Phytosphingosine as a base, it positively regulates the skin‘s own anti-microbial defense and protects the skin by strenghtening the skin‘s immune barrier.
- Promotes skin‘s own resilience
- Strenghthens the skin‘s immune barrier
- Induces anti-microbial defense mechanisms by induction of anti-microbial peptides
- Soothes overreactive skin
- Microbiome friendly
- Innovative Ceramide, with specific fatty acid side-chain
SKINMIMICS® PRO MB
Powerful combination of long chain Ceramides and bioactive Ceramides
- our premium solution for healthy aging
SKINMIMICS® PRO MB is our new system solution for healthy aging. It is a synergistic and powerful combination of 7 different Ceramides embedded in a modern and globally applicable emulsifier system and without listed preservatives. Thanks to the combination of skin identical long chain Ceramides and short bioactive Ceramides, this product is the perfect solution for aging skin, it offers skin regeneration from within and improved barrier function by activation of the skin’s natural water management system.
- Modern system solution for healthy aging
- Combination of 7 Ceramides, long chain Ceramides and short bioactive Ceramides with vegetable cholesterol and free fatty acids
- Improves barrier function from within
- Modern emulsifier system without listed preservatives
TEGO® CBD Revitalize
Give yourself star-power with a scientifically-crafted CBD entourage
Star-power doesn’t happen alone, but rather through an entourage of followers. Similarly, CBD’s magical skin care powers derive not only from the cannabidol, but rather from complementary and synergistic compounds found within the CBD extract itself – its own entourage effect.
It is no secret that US consumers are excited about CBD products, but safety and regulatory concerns surrounding some of the ancillary components of CBD extracts are raising eyebrows. For brands trying to support consumers’ CBD aspirations, deliver tangible skin appearance benefits, and address these regulatory concerns, there is an alternative: scientifically-tailored entourage effects. Evonik’s forthcoming TEGO® CBD Revitalize is an excellent example, enabling CBD consumers to enjoy skin revitalization benefits without regret.
- Promotes a refreshed and youthful skin appearance
- Supports skin hydration
- Strengthens the skin’s protective layers
- Emotional benefits by feeling in harmony with signs of ageing
- A natural, plant-based, scientifically-crafted ingredient
- Based on high purity CBD, absent of unwanted constituents
Nature's ancient elixir to boost skin regeneration
The ancient Reishi mushroom has traditionally been associated with healing properties in Asian regions. BeautiFerm Healerine takes this ancient elixir to the next level through biotechnology. The product uses fermentation technology to augment Reishi's powers towards boosting of skin regneration. This leads to several anti-aging benefits particularly in pro-aging applications and for skin protection products.
- Balances the natural slow-down in skin renewal due to aging with a boost in tissue regeneration
- Accelerates skin re-epithelialization after disruption of the epidermal barrier
- Activates biological pathways involved in cell migration and proliferation
Visible skin firming
Borne from unique bacterial organisms found co-evolving among the centenial trees of the Yosemite National Part in the US, BeautiFerm Lift provides consumers with a solution enabling visible skin firming benefits. It does this by helping to boost the skin's ability to generate important structural elements like collagen and elastin, which together act to support the shape and elasticity of skin. Coming from nature, Beautiferm Lift is COSMOS approved and from non-GMO fermentation.
- Restores the skin‘s firmness, elasticity and texture through collagen-boosting benefits
- Promotes pro-collagen and elastin synthesis
- Activates healthy cell renewal for enhanced skin vitality
- COSMOS approved, natural extract obtained from non-GMO fermentation
Resurfacing of skin to restore a youthful glow
Consumers are looking for innovative beauty solutions that connect with foods they know to be good and healthy, such as whole grains. Evonik's BeautiFerm Resurf products fulfill this aspiration by combining rye flour with an innovative ecosystematic fermentation process that uses natural bacterial strains to bring forth beneficial metabolites and post-biotics., These in turn yield excellent skin resurfacting benefits.
- Skin resurfacing through enhanced cell renewal for refreshed, radiant and blemish-free skin
- Strenghtens the resilience of the skin microbiota by stimulating the growth of skin commensals
- Natural ingredient produced by fermentation using an ecosystem of multiple natural strains
- Available in multiple product forms and preservatives, including COSMOS approved and China IECIC variant
Our new BOTANICA® ingredients
Visit BOTANICA® for more information on the products.
Black Currant Bio Extract 'C' G (CH)
Anti-aging Berry Power from Upcycled Source
This Black Currant Bio Extract 'C' G (CH) is a pure natural extract with dried black currant pomace. Botanica uses the dried pomace, which is a co-product of the black currant berry juice production at a Swiss partner of Botanica. The black currant berries are cultivated in Switzerland and organic certified. The black currant pomace contains highly valuable cosmetic ingredients and is therefore used by Botanica as raw material for the production of extracts for the cosmetic industry (upcycled raw material).
- Rich in phenolic compounds, anthocyanins
- Literatur-based: antioxidant, anti-aging, actives collagen, elastin production
Sea Buckthorn Leaves Bio Extract 'C' G
Antioxidative Protection from Upcycled Leaves
This Sea Buckthorn Leaves Bio Extract 'C' G is a pure natural extract with dried sea buchthorn leaves. Botanica uses the dried leaves from an organic certified sea buckthorn cultivation. The leaves are a co-product of the sea buckthorn berry harvest, which is done manually by cutting the fruit-bearing branches. Botanica uses the leaves, which contain highly valuable cosmetic ingredients and is therefore used by Botanica as raw material for the production of extracts for the cosmetic industry (upcycled raw material)
- Rich in phenolic compounds
- Literatur-based: antioxidant, epidermal renewal/regeneration (wound-healing), calming (anti-inflammatory)
Ginger Root Bio Extractive® (CH)
Root from Upcycled Source
This Ginger Root Bio Extractive® (CH) is a pure natural extract with dried ginger root pomace. Botanica uses the dried pomace, which is a co-product of the ginger juice production at a Swiss partner of Botanica. The ginger is cultivated in Switzerland and organic certified. The ginger root pomace contains highly valuable cosmetic ingredients and is therefore used by Botanica as raw material for the production of extracts for the cosmetic industry (upcycled raw material).
- Contains gingerol and shogaol
- Literatur-based: antioxidant, anti-microbial
Last updated: 28.03.2023